There’s nothing that symbolizes opulence and luxury quite like a privately owned yacht. These floating mansions are the epitome of luxury, offering their wealthy owners unrivaled privacy and extravagance. As of 2023, the list of the most expensive yachts in the world has seen some jaw-dropping entries. Let’s set sail and explore these marvels of affluence and engineering:
History Supreme (~ $4.5 Billion):
- Beyond its staggering price tag, History Supreme is a marvel of design and craftsmanship. The UK-based designer, Stuart Hughes, took over three years to complete this project. The yacht’s exterior and interior are adorned with solid gold and platinum, encompassing everything from the base to the dining area, deck, rails, and even the anchor. The master bedroom has a wall feature made from meteorite rock and a statue made from genuine Tyrannosaurus Rex bones!
REV Ocean ($316 Million):
- A vessel with a cause, REV Ocean is designed not only for luxury but also for marine research. It’s equipped with state-of-the-art laboratories, an auditorium, and underwater vehicles that enable deep-sea exploration. The yacht also boasts luxurious amenities including a helipad, spa, gym, and a 36-seat conference room.
Lady Moura ($210 Million):
- The epitome of personalized luxury, Lady Moura has its owner’s name inscribed on the exterior in 24-carat gold. The yacht features a hydraulic platform covered in sand, replicating a beach by the sea. It also houses a pool with a retractable roof, a helipad, and a 75-foot dining table.
Azzam ($600 Million):
- As one of the largest private yachts, Azzam offers a blend of size and luxury. It features a sophisticated interior design with French Empire style furnishings, a bulletproof master suite, and a missile defense system for ultimate security.
Eclipse (Price not specified):
- Eclipse is a blend of luxury and security with two helipads, a missile defense system, and bullet-proof glass. Inside, it features a disco hall, a cinema, and a mini-submarine that can submerge to 50 meters.
Dilbar ($256 Million):
- Dilbar offers an indoor swimming pool, one of the largest on any yacht, and a beach club with a fold-down platform. The interior is a marvel of custom-designed upholstery, ornate fittings, and lavish accommodations.
Rising Sun ($138 Million):
- With a basketball court that doubles as a helipad, Rising Sun is designed for active leisure. The yacht also features a wine cellar, a private cinema, and a Jacuzzi, providing a blend of relaxation and entertainment1.
A+ ($138 Million):
- Known for its speed and elegance, A+ offers a range of water sports equipment including jet skis and diving gear. The yacht also houses a luxurious Jacuzzi, a well-equipped gym, and a spacious deck for sunbathing and relaxation2.
Galactica Super Nova ($100 Million):
- Galactica Super Nova is a blend of performance and luxury with a top speed of 30 knots. It features a beach club, a sauna, a hammam, a whirlpool bath, and an indoor waterfall for the ultimate relaxation experience.
Oceanco Project Y721 ($90 Million):
- Although not yet complete, the buzz around Oceanco Project Y721 is about the luxury it promises. The yacht is designed with a beach club, a Jacuzzi, and a cinema. The interiors are expected to be plush with state-of-the-art design and amenities, setting a new standard for luxury on the open sea.